Thursday, August 21, 2008

What would Jesus wear?



So I know I must be way behind the times. But maybe a handful of you readers are unaware of this factoid I learned today. And that is that on the bottom of every bag from Forever 21, the owners printed "John 3:16." It is probably the most popularly referenced passage from the Bible that reads, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

I never realized I was getting a bit of Jesus along with my $5 chains and $12 dresses. Hmmmmmmm. By the way, how did they get to be so cheap?!?!!? 

Well, I did a little research and came to the conclusion that aside from the Bible passage quotation on the bags, Forever 21 really isn't doing much in the way of ethics. Their factories in LA are staffed with severely underpaid employees (below minimum wage) who come to work, punching in at 7:30, only to face cockroaches. poor ventilation, long hours, few breaks and screaming supervisors. 

Eeks. 

No comments: