Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I heart: Meryl Streep

Photos courtesy Style.com




The other night at the SAG awards I was so touched by Meryl Streep's speech when she won Best Actress for Doubt. It was so uplifting to hear her speak so proudly of women in her industry. We ladies really need to pool together and lend that emotional support to one another during these times. Maybe it was the decade I spent in all-girls schools that leaves me in need of this kinship and role models, but we really need to be there for one another (Anne of Green Gables bosom buddy-style). Even though I wasn't alive in the 60s, sometimes I think it wasn't all that different.

Meryl Streep is, to me, such a classic, natural beauty! I adore her "I don't care" attitude and I LOVE that she wore pants to the awards, and still looked hot!

No comments: