Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Years and years


So so sorry it's been ages since my last post. Tons has happened. First off, I got a new job! And before starting I took 8 days and went back home to Detroit. I had a blast! Saw old old friends, slept in, spent loads of time with my little brother who is amazing, had lunches with Grandpa, listened to old stories, ate lots of my favorite Lebanese cuisine, shopped, watched movies, saw a play downtown, read DH Lawrence, and practiced piano on my parent's gorgeous baby grand. It was such a refreshing time, albeit freezing. 

Well, now I'm back and plan to update more frequently! Lately I've been feeling a little uninspired. But then it hit me. Dallas is filled with tons of girls with style, and the place I see hundreds at once turns out to be my Junior League meetings. The reputation of the JLD tends to be stuffy girls adorned with pearls and white gloves. But it's quite the opposite. I mean yeah, there's a fair share of Louis Vuittons, but there's also a lot of inspiration for me. There are so many chic women there, I'm quite taken with many of them. 

This collage below is roughly inspired by one girl I saw, only I've taken liberty with it to make it more my style. She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a camel coat, metallic gold flats, and a big cream leather bag. I spiced it up with a hanes tee, a pair of Tory Burch leopard flats, and a Chanel 2.55 in white with the gold chain. Me likey!

Marc Jacobs coat, Hanes tee, J Brand jeans, Chanel bag, Tory Burch flats

No comments: