Friday, April 17, 2009

I must have died







I know I tend to be an exaggerator. But seriously Legacy Books is my heaven. Only this place could get me to drive 21 miles each way to the suburbs on a Sunday. I LOVE THIS PLACE! First off, Legacy is so well-designed. It's super modern but so inviting. There's lots of neat spaces to chill out, not like Borders where I'm squatting on the floor in the middle of the aisle huffing and puffing when someone passes by. Hello, this is MY aisle! I especially love the art/coffee table book room that's almost lit like a museum.

I've been crazy about books, and book covers, for as long as I can remember. And I had a heart palpitation when I stumbled upon this table full of newly designed Penguin Classic Deluxe edition books. They're all paperbacks, but made of a sturdy stock, WITH flaps on the inside covers, which you rarely see with paperbacks. But my favorite part is how they took these classics and redesigned the covers to be so much more fun and approachable. I mean who wouldn't want to pick up a book about poverty and the meatpacking industry when the title is in hot pink?

No comments: