Sunday, June 28, 2009

OMFG best restaurants: Lumi




I'm obsessed with lists and checking off lists. A few lists that I'm currently checking off are the 100 best modern novels, Nina's 100 pieces every woman should own, and the 1000 places to see before you die. I actually go to the drug store and get those little round fluorescent stickers and check each thing off as I accomplish it. So when I was in a client meeting the other week and heard one woman say how she is making her way through the top 100 restaurants of Dallas list I knew this was something I would love to try. It's two things I love. Lists and amazing food. There are a handful that I've already tried, but last night my husband and I got all dolled up and went to check out Lumi.

It's a really unique place because they serve Brazilian dishes, as well as Vietnamese and Chinese dishes. So on the ride down Leo read aloud yelp recommendations so we were prepared when we got there. I started out with a lychee mojito (amazing!) and we had the ahi tuna nachos. These were great too, but we could do without them next visit. Then we ordered the feijoada which is a brazilian stew made of black beans and meat, topped with fried garlic, onions, and collared greens. We also tried the chinese 5 spice duck and leek dumplings and the picanha steak dish with a side of spinach. It was all so incredible, but unfortunately I had no room left for dessert. The night was just so perfect.

After that we strolled over to the Magnolia and saw Woody Allen's new movie, Whatever Works. Thumbs up.

1 comment:

audry said...

those lists sound fun, now I want to do them too...and now I think I need that Nina's 100 list..I wonder if some of those things will get outdated? This could be tricky..