Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Goop this


I'd been so mesmerized by this video on Gwenyth Paltrow's blog, Goop, and just had to make it. And oh my god it turned out amazing. So if you can get over  her use of the word "gorge" and talking about how many times she goes to the farmer's market, it will be well worth it.

Let me give you some quick tips on how to make this meal even easier: 1) I got my whole chicken at Whole Foods and asked the butcher to debone it for me. So once you get to the store, go straight to the meat counter, ask him to get started, and shop while he does his thing. 2) I bought the lettuce, arugula, and water cress. I think next time I'll just get those boxed/washed spring mixes that I normally buy for salads. I don't think I could tell the difference, and it would probably save about $5. And it will save all the washing time. 3) This one doesn't make it easier, just something I experienced. Definitely use an internal thermometer and stab it right in the meatiest part. Get the temp up to 165 and then broil it on high for a few more minutes until the skin gets a good golden brown.

This was the juiciest and most flavorful chicken I've made. I was amazed how far one lemon went. So please make and enjoy!

No comments: