Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Soba-tastic!


I got out of work on time last night and was really excited to have time to make dinner, it's been a while! Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who's been picking up the cooking slack with his Brazilian dinner creations.

I'd been wanting to try and make a sort of improv soba noodle dish. And it ended up turning out really well so I thought to share this super easy and quick recipe. I looked up a ton of different recipes and kind of pieced together what I liked, and then tried to figure out how to make it the quickest.

So here is what you need:
Ramen noodles (this was my idea, but you could also use spaghetti)
1/4 c. Soy sauce
Ginger
Seedless cucumbers (I used the baby ones)
Roasted black sesame seeds
1 Shallot
Sesame oil
White wine vinegar (this is just what I had in the cupboard)
Peppercorn Pork tenderloin (according to Leo, it's not dinner without meat)

My directions:
Cook meat! Prepare ramen according to package (drain broth, keep a little in the pot to keep noodles from sticking).
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 c. soy sauce, 1 shallot finely sliced, approx. a teaspoon of shredded ginger (I was very generous), a couple tablespoons of white wine vingar (just eyeballed), and a couple glugs of sesame oil. Pour concoction over lukewarm noodles. Chop up the cukes. Put cukes and sliced pork tenderloin on top of noodles. And sprinkle roasted black sesame seeds on top. DO NOT skip the sesame seeds. This was the best part.

We devoured this with a bottle of red and the finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Good night it was!


No comments: