Sunday, January 17, 2010

C is for cookie


My favorite cookie is definitely the oatmeal cookie. I've tried enough of them around Dallas to know what I like and dislike. Well, I made a superfantastic batch this weekend and I feel pretty confident that I've landed on the best recipe. And I shall share it with you!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (always heaping!)
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (heaping)
  • 1/4 teaspoon cardamon (heaping)
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup dried cherries
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients. Add to butter mixture and stir until well blended. Add dried cherries. Eat lots of dough. Drop by teaspoonful (more like fistful) onto parchment covered baking sheet or stone (I always bake on stone and the results are much softer). Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden (I make my cookies huge, so they take between 15-17 minutes). Devour, share and enjoy the compliments!

No comments: