Saturday, January 2, 2010

Inhotim




That's Leo under that tree (just to give you some perspective!)

I just got home from our trip to Brazil to see the in-laws. We had the most incredible time! Every day we had new and wonderful experiences. Going to see incredible art, eating fresh food, and playing with my most precious niece/goddaughter. I even went fishing for the first time in my life, and caught three tilapias!

I wanted to share our visit to this contemporary art museum, called Inhotim, in Belo Horizonte. It was a beautiful drive through the mountains, about an hour and a half outside of the city. The most amazing part of this experience is the acres and acres of rolling hills with gorgeous, lush gardens and park that houses the galleries.

The art is incredible. All contemporary and from all around the world. The most moving piece, nearly moved me to tears (I felt mist coming on) was this one:

No comments: