Saturday, February 19, 2011

Egg Salad



It's officially (or unofficially?) the time of year to shave the legs, paint the nails and put on a dress. It's looking like we won't get hit with any more arctic blasts, snowmageddons or the likes. A girl can hope.

All this bare-legged prancing around has got me in the mood for a quintessential spring lunch, egg salad. So much so that I ate it two days in a row. Don't tell mom. She always said you can only eat eggs once a week. Is this an urban mom myth? Or should I say suburban mom myth?

Serves 2

Ingredients
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 tsp. tarragon chopped (can you tell I'm trying to use up my tarragon?)
dollop of mayo
lemon juice
salt and pepper
whole grain mustard
wheat bread (my favorite is the original Oatnut)

Directions
Mix all ingredients, except mustard, in bowl. Toast bread. Spread mustard. Pile salad on toast, cut into triangles and devour. Feel free to lick your fingers and plate clean.

Goes good with
Radishes, carrots and a bouquet of flowers your husband got you for no reason at all.

No comments: