Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yay for kale


Here is a fantastic way to get your greens. And it's easy enough to make before work, throw in a bottle and chug at your desk (just ignore your co-workers and their crinkled "ick" faces). Everything is eyeballed, so I'll provide the round-a-bout portions. Serves 2.

2 cups kale, chopped
1/2 - 1 cup spinach
1/2 apple, chopped (I used pink lady. I'll probably use a whole apple next time, but had a lonely halfsie in the fridge)
1 frozen banana, chopped
1 cup soy milk
a heaping tablespoon of almond butter

Blend and enjoy. I've been researching other green smoothies. Many use frozen berries which sounds delicious. Once I finish my case of pink ladies I plan to try new combinations. A friend of mine uses coconut water instead of soy milk, so there's that tid bit for you.


2 comments:

Rebecca!?! said...

YUM YUM YUM! I have kale ready to harvest in my garden! Can't wait to make this!!!! (Oops, I think I posted earlier from a different account....a Peace Corps magazine (La Cadena) account!....sorry, that was me!)

Nicole said...

you shouldn't have told me that. i thought i had a foreign fan! miss you!