Friday, March 4, 2011

Salmon & Brazilian collard greens




Texas allergies have succeeded in kicking my butt this year, and it's only the beginning of March. Every spring I get really sick and upset and want to move back home to Michigan where these psycho killer allergens don't exist. As you can tell I haven't done much cooking this week, but did manage to bang out one great meal that is so incredibly easy and tasty: salmon with collard greens and jasmine rice with toasted pine nuts. I'm trying to master these greens, Brazilian staple, in attempt to prove myself a good and decent wife. While these aren't as good as Leo's I'm still going to tell you how I made them because they still taste yummy. I think the only difference is that he gets the garlic nice and crispy.

The salmon I'll talk about quickly. It's a recipe (if you can even call it that) that my brother (another foodie!) uses. All you need is brown sugar, and this amazing secret ingredient: William & Sonoma's potlatch seasoning. You sprinkle and rub brown sugar into the fillet, and top off with a sprinkling of the seasoning. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. Oh and tuck the tip of the tail, it helps to bake evenly. It's so juicy and melt-in-your-mouthy.

Here's the recipe for the collard greens. I didn't mash the garlic, just used chopped cloves. Enjoy! Beijos!

No comments: