Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Salmon Salad Croissant


I've started making this salad when I had absolutely nothing to eat in the fridge. I'd spread it on 3-day old french baguette, ritz crackers or lick it right off the spoon. I always have a stash of canned salmon in the pantry for quick lunches or a snack on the weekend. Here's the kind I buy. I'm recommending this kind because I'd tried Whole Foods 365 salmon and it was stinky. Literally. This would also be great with leftover salmon filets. But I'm not that fancy.

Serves 2 (or 1 super hungry girl)

Ingredients
1 can salmon
1 tablespoon mayo
1 teaspoon lemon zest (eyeballed)
juice of half of one lemon
1 teaspoon capers
1 tablespoon green onion chopped (about one stem)

Preparation
Mix in bowl. Top with arugula. Spread on toasted croissant (or whatever you like). Devour.



4 comments:

beckarie said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Vinny said...

i just started using capers! lemon zest, capers, white wine on white fish (flounder) is super good

Anonymous said...

love it! We are such fans of fresh baked salmon, especially during Lent. This is a great way to use up my stash of canned, use in a pinch when I can't find the fresh, salmon. Finely chopped red bell pepper, a diced radish, or a grated carrot gives it additional color! something red and something green! I love colorful meals so appetizing to the eye as well as the tummy! Mater

Anonymous said...

so what is your favorite canned salmon? got that you don't prefer WF 365. just curious!