Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Zucchini Lemon Cookies

Oh hi! Did you miss me? No? Well okay, I still have cookies for you to look at and long with desire. I hope zucchinis are still in season so you can go buy some and make these cookies. I figured after a two month drought (weather-wise and blog-post-update-wise) I'd treat you to some sweets. But they're sweets with vegetables, so they're healthy and stuff. Let's get started!
Mix the dry ingredients together.
Shred the zucchini. One zucchini yields approximately one cup.





































Mix the wet ingredients together.
Zest and juice the lemon! 
Scoop teaspoonfuls onto your cookie sheet or pizza stone. Eat, scoop, eat, scoop.
Voila!
Zucchini Lemon Cookies
Adapted from Food52

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch course sea salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup organic cane sugar
1 egg
zest of 1 lemon
1 zucchini shredded

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Mix your dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, baking powder and salt). Set aside. Combine butter and sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix together with butter and sugar. Add lemon zest and zucchini and mix until fully combined. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until all the flour has been added. Do not over beat. Drop by the teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet or stone and bake for about 15 minutes until edges are golden.

Eat for breakfast, dessert, snack and every time in between! Enjoy!

3 comments:

MKH said...

Why was I not invited over to eat these?

Mater said...

Wow! These look delicious & healthy! Sounds like something I would enjoy. Good to go with my morning cup of Joe! Yum!

Marissa said...

Do I shred the zucchini in my paper shredder?